This is a friendly reminder that there is still one week to submit your abstract for oral presentation as submissions will close on 20 November 2017.
Abstracts for Poster submissions will be accepted until 22 January 2018.
Kindly note that online registration for the SASM conference which will be held at Misty Hills Hotel and Conference Centre in Muldersdrift, from 4 - 7 April 2018 is open at www.sasm2018.co.za
The South African Society for Microbiology conference will be held and will be attended by microbiologists and students from South African and Africa.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from a number of well-known microbiologists including:
- Prof Ramon Rossello-Mora from Spain, a scientific researcher at the Mediterranean Institute for Advanced Studies in Mallorca
- Prof Ed Rybicki, director of the Biopharming Research Unit of the University of Cape Town which now has possibly the biggest biomedical / vaccine-related patent portfolio in South Africa.
- Prof Brenda Wingfield, SARCHI Chair in Fungal Genomics, Department of Genetics, University of Pretoria.
- Prof Don Cowan, the Director of both the University of Pretoria Institutional Research Theme in Genomics and his research group, the Centre for Microbial Ecology and Genomics.
- Prof Grant Theron, Head of the Clinical Mycobacteriology and Epidemiology (CLIME) group in the Division of Molecular Biology and Human Genetics at Stellenbosch University
- Representatives of the International Society for Microbial Ecology (ISME) including the Prof Ian Head, Editor in Chief of the ISME Journal
- Microbes: The environment
- Microbes: Disease
- Microbes: Industry
- Microbes: Genetics, systematics and evolution
- Microbes: Omics
- Microbes: Awareness and education
We look forward to you participation at this conference.
Prof Fanus Venter and the conference organising team