- PhD obtained within the last 5 years
- Some basic bioinformatics
- Plant Biology and pathology
- General molecular biology techniques, in particular plant molecular biology
Experience with the following would be advantageous: Experience/knowledge in plant pathogens, most particularly viruses
Duties and Expectations:
- Undertake focused and high quality research;
- Undertake other activities related to the academic programme and the professional development of the individual;
- Attend conferences;
- Publish papers;
- Contribute to the running of the Plant Biotechnology Programme in general;
- Contribute to supervision of PhD or Masters students.
Send your CV; certified copy of PhD certificate and identity document/visa/passport directly to the potential host, Professor Chrissie Rey, School of Molecular and Cell Biology.